Beat The Tax Increase
18th July 2019
- European Parliament has introduced new regulations 'The Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) to be introduced across Europe on the 1 st September 2019. This has resulted in new vehicle emission tests being based on 'real driving data' which better matches on-the-road performance.
- In future all road vehicles including motorhomes will have a published Co2 output figure on the type approval certificate.
- HM Treasury has included motorhomes for the purposes of applying VED within the passenger car taxation banding.
- Motorhome manufacturers building on a Euro 6D/2 base vehicle much specify the WLTP Co2 values on the type approval certificate to allow to tax accordingly.
- Motorhomes with the new Euro 6D/2 specification engine will already pay at least £2,000 over and above a Euro 6B/1 spec motorhome. In addition, all Euro 6D/2 based motorhomes will have a Co2 level that exceed the higher taxation band for the first registration.
- VED is likely to be £2,125+ if the motorhome is worth over £40,000 there an additional tax of £320.
- If your motorhome is over 3,500kg no impact as these will still be registered as a heavy goods vehicle at £165.
Facts sourced from NCC official documentation.